dselect errors

Hello,

I am using woody.  After doing an update, install I get the following
listed below.

My general question is how do I fix/interpret those errors without
breaking my system?  Or are these bugs that need to be reported?  Also
I understand that I am using unstable so problems are expected.  I am
just wondering what is the procedure to deal with them?

			      error dump

Preparing to replace auctex 9.9p-13 (using .../auctex_9.10t-1_all.deb) ...
Can't locate object method "value" via package "Debian::DebConf::Question" at /usr/lib/perl5/Debconf/Config.pm line 31.
dpkg: warning - old pre-removal script returned error exit status 255
dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
Can't locate object method "value" via package "Debian::DebConf::Question" at /usr/lib/perl5/Debconf/Config.pm line 31.
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/auctex_9.10t-1_all.deb (--unpack):
 subprocess new pre-removal script returned error exit status 255
Can't locate object method "value" via package "Debian::DebConf::Question" at /usr/lib/perl5/Debconf/Config.pm line 31.
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 255
 /var/cache/apt/archives/auctex_9.10t-1_all.deb
Some errors occurred while unpacking. I'm going to configure the
packages that were installed. This may result in duplicate errors
or errors caused by missing dependencies. This is OK, only the errors
above this message are important. Please fix them and run [I]nstall again

Press enter to continue.

Setting up ifupdown (0.6.3-1) ...
Can't locate object method "value" via package "Debian::DebConf::Question" at /usr/lib/perl5/Debconf/Config.pm line 31.
dpkg: error processing ifupdown (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 255
Setting up debconf (0.4.02) ...
Can't locate object method "value" via package "Debian::DebConf::Question" at /usr/lib/perl5/Debconf/Config.pm line 31.
dpkg: error processing debconf (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 255
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of gmc:
 gmc depends on debconf; however:
  Package debconf is not configured yet.
  Package debconf-tiny which provides debconf is not installed.
dpkg: error processing gmc (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of cupsys-bsd:
 cupsys-bsd depends on debconf; however:
  Package debconf is not configured yet.
  Package debconf-tiny which provides debconf is not installed.
dpkg: error processing cupsys-bsd (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of esound-common:
 esound-common depends on debconf; however:
  Package debconf is not configured yet.
  Package debconf-tiny which provides debconf is not installed.
dpkg: error processing esound-common (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of auctex:
 auctex depends on debconf; however:
  Package debconf is not configured yet.
  Package debconf-tiny which provides debconf is not installed.
dpkg: error processing auctex (--configure):
 ifupdown
 debconf
 gmc
 cupsys-bsd