Re: 2.2r1

Right now I am just trying to help an alpha-linux friend across the
world to get kde1 running on his alpha.  This ia a problem for new
Debian users since kde2 has not been released nor ported to alpha yet.

As it turns out, I had a Debian 2.1 (slink) alpha CD under my nose and
e-mailed the package to him.  We'll see how far he gets.

>On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, James D. Freels wrote:
>
>> At some poiint in time the alpha version of the libstdc++2.9 package
>> was removed from the oldlibs tree.  I am going to guess it went the
>> way of slink.  The trouble is the kde1 packages for alpha depend on
>> this.  We need to make this available for folks until kde2 is
>> eventually made available.
>>
>> Should this be filed as a bug?
>
>Yes.  I *might* still have a copy of libstdc++2.9, but I'll have to
>check.  In reality, kde1 should probably be removed from the archive since
>I believe that the older Qt lib debs have the same problems that I'm
>having with the current Qt 2.2 release (improper linking of the shared
>lib, causing binaries linked against it to segfault on exit).
>
>If this is the case with kde1, I'd rather just get rid of the package than
>try to satisfy it's requirements.

|James D. Freels, P.E._i, Ph.D.|Phone:  (865)576-8645  |   | L | A |
|Oak Ridge National Laboratory |FAX:    (865)574-9172  | H | I | L |
|Research Reactors Division    |work e-m: fea@ornl.gov | F | N | P |
|P. O. Box 2008                |home fea@ispchannel.com| I | U | H |
|Oak Ridge, TN. 37831-6392     |world's best neutrons  | R | X | A |