Re: 2.2r1

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, James D. Freels wrote:

> At some poiint in time the alpha version of the libstdc++2.9 package
> was removed from the oldlibs tree.  I am going to guess it went the
> way of slink.  The trouble is the kde1 packages for alpha depend on
> this.  We need to make this available for folks until kde2 is
> eventually made available.
>
> Should this be filed as a bug?

Yes.  I *might* still have a copy of libstdc++2.9, but I'll have to
check.  In reality, kde1 should probably be removed from the archive since
I believe that the older Qt lib debs have the same problems that I'm
having with the current Qt 2.2 release (improper linking of the shared
lib, causing binaries linked against it to segfault on exit).

If this is the case with kde1, I'd rather just get rid of the package than
try to satisfy it's requirements.