Re: Cannot install an aboot boot block

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 08:36:00AM +0300, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> I tried also with a home-compiled kernel (2.2.17, uncompressed) and I
> have exactly the same problems as with Debian's vmlinuz-generic.

Well, thanks to a suggestion from Samuel Tardieu, it finally works
with raw loading of a kernel in the boot sectors:

A:- ro root=/dev/sda1     # The AlphaServer 1200 cannot load a kernel in an ext2 fs :-(

Apparently, aboot can read its own configuration file from an ext2
partition but not the kernel in the same partition. Probably because
it is larger (does not fit in one sector), which triggers an ext2
problem :-(