Re: 21174 Manual - where ?

On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, T. Weyergraf wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i am looking for the "21174 Core logic Chip technical reference manual" in an online
> version ( Yes, today I got my 164lx ).
> This manual should be something similar to the 21172 Version ( like PC164 ).
>
> I tried the usual suspects, like ftp.digital.com/pub/Digital/info/semiconductor/literature/
> but didn't find it.

Yes, I have a copy that I keep locally, but you can find it on Compaq's
site at:
http://www.support.compaq.com/alpha-tools/documentation/current/chip-docs.html

Rich, can you add the above to ALO?  I noticed that it still has the old
link to the digital site (which is outdated).  Thanks!

I'll check to see if I updated the documentation link on the Debian Alpha
port page (think I did).  If not, I'll do that today.

> >From the 164LX technical reference manual, I noticed some interesting differences between
> 21172 and 21174, which I would like to read more about. Also, I need it for
> my_little_home_project (TM) ;-)

Hehehehe...yeah, I need all of the chipset docs that I can find for the
GNUmach port, so I know the feeling of digging for docs.  If you can't
find something, let me know since I might have it already or at least know
where to find it.