RE: FrameBuffers

Can you give us the exact message from SRM?

Also, when you partitioned the disks, did you use BSD disklabels? If I
remember correctly, DarkHelmet will not change an existing DOS disklabel
to BSD, but if the disk is clean it will write a BSD label. SRM needs a
BSD disklabel to boot.

There's more info in the SRM Howto:
http://www.alphalinux.org/faq/srm.html

--rdp

On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, JOHNSTONE,IAIN (A-Scotland,ex1) wrote:

> Progress at last.
>
> I installed DarkHelmet in text mode an all went well. However when the
> machine reboots and when I point to the boot device I get error messages and
> it refused to boot ..... bad block device etc ..... I have checked the
> syntax a million times and I am convinced it is ok.
>
> Anyone any thoughts?
>
> I'm becoming rather upset with Alphas ...... it only took me 2 days to
> master linux on Sparcs.
>
> Cheers
> Iain

Rich Payne