Re: AlphaServer 300 4/266

On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 12:05:33AM +0200, Philippe HETROY wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Did someone try to install Linux on a AlphaServer 300 4/266?
> I just remarked that it is not mentionned in the debian list :
> http://www.debian.org/ports/alpha/sys_types
> Is it supported? What is it's name code?
> Actually only the debian 2.2 installation kernel manages to boot my Linux
> via the aboot loader...

What does it say via dmesg during bootup about the architecture (right at
the beginning) ?

> Other kernels compiled by my alpha (even a generic kernel) doesn't work with
> the machine!
> While booting with my kernels, I get an Kernel panic message....

The kernels which are working best on our AS 255 are 2.2.17pre kernels.
Currently we use 2.2.17pre20 and it seems to be very stable.

				Christian

--
Christian Meder, email: meder@isr.uni-stuttgart.de

What's the railroad to me ?