Re: AlphaServer 300 4/266

On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 12:05:33AM +0200, Philippe HETROY wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> Did someone try to install Linux on a AlphaServer 300 4/266?
> I just remarked that it is not mentionned in the debian list :
> http://www.debian.org/ports/alpha/sys_types
> Is it supported? What is it's name code?
> Actually only the debian 2.2 installation kernel manages to boot my Linux
> via the aboot loader...

What does it say via dmesg during bootup about the architecture (right at
the beginning) ?

> Other kernels compiled by my alpha (even a generic kernel) doesn't work with
> the machine!
> While booting with my kernels, I get an Kernel panic message....

The kernels which are working best on our AS 255 are 2.2.17pre kernels.
Currently we use 2.2.17pre20 and it seems to be very stable.

Christian Meder, email: meder@isr.uni-stuttgart.de
What's the railroad to me ?
I never go to see
Where it ends.