Re: Kernel-2.4.0-test6 appears successful

Hi,

>[...]
> I have yet to get any of the 2.4.X series working for
> me, on my up1000 (or nautilus or it's more correctly
> known)
> > Hint: make dep does not seem to run make archdep
> > correctly, so vmlinux.lds
> > is not build from vmlinux.lds.in in arch/alpha.
> > Prior to make boot, make
> > sure to run make archdep.
> Are you using the kernel-package at all? I have tried:
> make dep
> make archdep
> make-kpkg clean
> make-kpkg --revision=custom.X.X kernel_image
> dpkg -i ../kernel-image***.deb

Aehh - got me. No, I don't use the kernel-package. I know I should, and I
will eventually, but I have not yet looked into it. So far, I have
always done it "the traditional way".

>From what you wrote, I assume the
     make-kpkg clean
also runs
     make clean

Unfortunately, the make clean also removes the vmlinux.lds. In consequence,
your correct order should be
 make dep
 make-kpkg clean
 make archdep
 make-kpkg --revision=custom.X.X kernel_image
 dpkg -i ../kernel-image***.deb

> Any help?

This should resolv the issue with the missing vmlinux.lds - at least
I hope so - YMMV ;-)
Anyway, I would like to hear any ( further ) success/failure stories.

Regards,
Thomas Weyergraf

--
Thomas Weyergraf                                                kirk@colinet.de
My Favorite IA64 Opcode-guess ( see arch/ia64/lib/memset.S )