Re: Kernel problems

Ron,

> > I have already set os_flags to root=/dev/sda1
>
> Ok I didn't see it meantioned so I thought I'd
> suggest it.
>
> > This is not a problem. I don't have a problem
> booting
> > the generic kernel that get's installed by the
> boot
> > disks. I have a problem booting a kernel i have
> > compliled myself
>
> Alright what is the system? Your new kernel, is it
> compiled specifically
> for your system or is it generic?

I have a nautilus (up1000). I have gone slowly through
all the kernel options, and I may have discovered my
problem: I have an Adaptec AHA2940U2W scsi card, and
there is no option to choose it, from the list in
'SCSI Low Level Drivers'

Anyone have this card, and recompiled the kernel?

> Also you previously said 'vmlinuz' was your kernel.
> Is this a symlink on
> your root partion, or is it a real file? FYI
> make-kpkg always puts mine
> in '/boot' and makes a symlink to it. Perhaps the
> symlink is broken or
> SRM doesn't like it? I've had problems with symlinks
> before and usually
> just ignore them and point it to the real kernel.
> i.e.
> '/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.14' instead of '/vmlinuz'

I'll give this a try

Robert