Re: sound for alpha

>>>>> "Stefano" == Stefano Curtarolo <auro@nietzsche.mit.edu> writes:

 Stefano> Hi,

 Stefano> Since music is better than the fan noise, I am planning to
 Stefano> buy a PCI sound adapter for one of our alpha machines. What
 Stefano> should I buy ??

SBLive value works extremely well with open source drivers at

http://opensource.creative.com/

I could not get this card to work with the alsa drivers. However,
hopefully that will change because the alsa driver for SBLive is based
on this driver. The SBLive driver is upgraded frequently. Another
bonus is the driver will find the card in any PCI bus.

I did not one thing strange though, using mgp123 there is distortion,
but with xmms there is absolutely no distortion.

Hope this helps.