Re: sound for alpha

On Fri, Jul 28, 2000 at 02:17:05PM -0400, Rich Payne came forth with:

> I've played around with the SBLive cards, they work fairly well (with Alsa
> that is) but make sure they are on PCI bus number 1. They produced a
> horrible noise on PCI bus 2 (though we've since sent a UP2000 to Alsa to
> get them to fix it). We've also tested the SB16 PCI and Ensoniq AudioPCI
> and they seem to work well.
The SBLive also works with the creative open source driver (the one
in the kernel, and the one from opensource.creative.com). There
are a few people with alpha's on their list (me included).

I didn't notice any problems with where the card was (this was a
ruffian board, and the card was in a 32bit slot)

L.
--
Liam Bedford                  | Four thousand holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
System Administrator          | And though the holes were rather small