Re: Just filed some bugs :-)

On 25 Jul 2000, Alan P. Kennedy, Sr wrote:

> When I start xmms I get the following errors:
>
> libesd.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> libmikmod.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> libxml.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> Is this because of missing dependencies?

Yes.  Looks like you're missing a few packages there (including libesd0,
libmikmod0, etc).  Try an 'apt-get update ; apt-get -u upgrade' and see if
it says that it's going to install some packages.  If so, let it :-)

BTW, I'm assuming this is potato...correct?

> I had another small problem. ppp would not work with older version of
> linux ppp. If it is important I could dig out the error messages, but
> don't have them on hand right now. I had to upgrade to
> ppp-2.4.0b2.tar.gz in order to get ppp to work. What was interesting
> is that ppp worked fine with my isp. Found the solution in the Linux
> usenet newsgroups. For the record this was in the i386 distribution
> also.

Hmmm...what kernel version are you running?  I know there was some
problems with some versions (can't recall exactly which, but I can search
if needed).

> PS: I can compile some debs if needed.

No thanks.  I can handle the few that look like they need to be
recompiled.  Thanks for the offer, though :-)