Re: Just filed some bugs :-)

>>>>> "Christopher" == Christopher C Chimelis <chris@debian.org> writes:

 Christopher> I just filed about 7 bugs for dependency problems
 Christopher> (mostly hardcoded "libc6" dependencies, but one also for
 Christopher> lilypond). These are my first batch of filings based on
 Christopher> a "my own two eyes" scanning of the dependencies in main
 Christopher> of potato. Can anyone think of any other unmet
 Christopher> dependencies offhand (until I can get a dependency
 Christopher> script)?

Hi,

When I start xmms I get the following errors:

libesd.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libmikmod.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libxml.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Is this because of missing dependencies?

I had another small problem. ppp would not work with older version of
linux ppp. If it is important I could dig out the error messages, but
don't have them on hand right now. I had to upgrade to
ppp-2.4.0b2.tar.gz in order to get ppp to work. What was interesting
is that ppp worked fine with my isp. Found the solution in the Linux
usenet newsgroups. For the record this was in the i386 distribution
also.

Hope this helps.

Alan

PS: I can compile some debs if needed.