Re: What happened to Deskstation?

On Thu, Jul 20, 2000 at 02:09:55PM -0700, Ron Farrer wrote:

> Does anyone know what happened to Deskstation? Their domain
> deskstation.com is still in networksolutions database. From this info I
> gather they were bought by 2C Computing?
>
> Anyway what I really want to know here is: who owns the rights to their
> products? Specifically the designs of their motherboards and ARCS BIOS?

I believe that rights to the Ruffian motherboard, aka 164UX or 164BX,
were purchased by either Alpha-Processor, Inc, or by Samsung, along
with rights to ARCS-BIOS.

Other motherboards, other consoles, I have no idea.

--Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            Alpha Engineering - LINUX Project
Compaq Computer Corp. - MRO1-2/K20         (508) 467-2080
200 Forest Street, Marlboro MA 01752       Jay.Estabrook@compaq.com