Re: Is the WindowMaker package working ok on Alpha?

> Hi,
>
>  I was reading some docs on the WindowMaker tarball, and found this:
>
>  | - DEC/Alpha machines
>  |         You might need to pass the --disable-shm flag to configure,
>  |         like ./configure --disable-shm
>
>  is anyone having problems with WindowMaker on Alpha?  Can someone
>  please test this?  Should the flag be passed when building on Alpha?

Disclaimer: alphas under my command have never run X and are least likely to
suddenly start running it anytime soon.

	Alpha used to have some ridiculously low amount of shared memory configured.
So quite a lot of apps used to barf. Namely - cdrecord, mysql server, etc.

	Check where is yours at the moment and raise it to a more appropriate value
by either catting to the appropriate /proc entry or changing the
/usr/src/linux/include/asm/shmparam.h.

	Otherwise the shared memory on alpha should be fully functional and I see no
reason to disable it. Mine are bumped up to 32 or more on most machines.

	And If I recall correctly the comments in that file are actually wrong. Value
is not bytes, but in machine size word. For alpha *8.

	As I said - I do not run X on them so all #include "stdisclaimer.h" apply.

[snip]

--
Anton R. Ivanov ARI2-RIPE
mailto:aivanov@sigsegv.cx

Digital Manipulator exceeding velocity parameters