Soundblaster 128 PCI - any hope ?

Hi,

Because I've searched through the archives only when it was too late, I bought a Soundblaster 128 PCI with a es1371-chipset two weeks ago.
I've read about the problems which don't let us use these soundcards on aalpha and after struggling around with this beast for some time, I want to make a decision know.
Is there any possibility (at least in theory ;-) to solve these problems ??
I could help coding/testing but if it's impossible I'll have to take the card back to the shop ...

Greetings and happy alpha-linuxing,
Marius Hillenbrand