Re: getting troubles compiling kernel 2.4.0test3 with debian 2.2

> On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Stefano Curtarolo wrote:
>
> > Your patch is working, while the test3-pre-test4 is not working during
> > compilation...
> > Let`s see how long the system lives without crashing...
>
> Hehehe...I'm with you on the "let's see how long...":
>
> Linux version 2.4.0-test4 (root@spawn.hockeyfiend.com) (gcc version 2.95.2 20000220 (Debian GNU/Linux)) #3 Thu Jul 13 12:12:51 EDT 2000
>
> Saw some really ugly messages during boot (exceptions being handled when
> mounting filesystems), so I'm a bit hesitant to recommend this patch level
> right now...

2.3.99 had the same exeptions, but without the "handled
successfully" string...
do you prefer "handled successfully" or "... none ..." ???
The ethernet 1000 do not work well...
If you get a message like:

ld: cannot open linker script file arch/alpha/vmlinux.lds: No such file or
directory

try: make archdep
and again your make...
If you are running: make-kpkg ..........
stop it during compilation (ctrl-z), do make archdep, and after fg
the kernel will be compiled exactly.