Re: getting troubles compiling kernel 2.4.0test3 with debian 2.2

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:

> Hehehe...I'm with you on the "let's see how long...":
>
> Linux version 2.4.0-test4 (root@spawn.hockeyfiend.com) (gcc version 2.95.2 20000220 (Debian GNU/Linux)) #3 Thu Jul 13 12:12:51 EDT 2000
>
> Saw some really ugly messages during boot (exceptions being handled when
> mounting filesystems), so I'm a bit hesitant to recommend this patch level
> right now...

I take this back...leave this patch level alone :-(  Most of the daemons
wouldn't start :-(((((  I'll figure it all out later (been up for over 24
hours).

Hope that the test3 kernel works better (if you use mysql, that was a good
test from what I gather...it failed miserably).