Re: anyone on this list? Help needed with UDB.

Am 11. Jul 2000 um 10:00:50AM -0700 schrieb Ron Farrer:

> Yes, I have (had, stole the RAM temporarily) one with SRM that boots
> fine. I just checked real quick and you are right, if you choose
> "noname" it doesn't ask you about SRM... Odd.

I once modified the kernels files (somewhere there is a list for which
machine SRM is a valid selection), to allow me to select "boot from SRM"
for my Noname.

Afterwards it would boot but there were still problems when doing a
"reboot" from the console. The machine would hang when trying to reboot
after leaving the kernel (leaving some strange messages from SRM on the
screen I don't remember any more).

I did this about two months ago with the SRM that was the current
version at the time. Any ideas anyone?

--
    Hendrik Seffler * hendrik@xion.owl.de * http://home.pages.de/~seffler/