Re: anyone on this list? Help needed with UDB.

Casioqv (casioqv@usermail.com) wrote:

> I've recently subscribed to this list and haven't seen any traffic. Is
> anyone on this list? Am I subscribed correctly <test>? I have a DEC
> Multia/UDB 166mhz that I want to get linux on but I have no floppy
> drive. I just have a old IBM SCSI drive in it that it recognizes and I
> can take out and pu in my pc to get "stuff". I can't figure out how to
> boot the debian install from the firmware (via network) or the hard
> drive without using a floppy. I am currently downloading the cd images
> of the latest potato release that I will then mount over nfs.

Yes we are alive and doing well. What firmware do you have installed? It
will be either ARC BIOS or SRM. I believe only SRM can do a netboot,
IIRC. When the system powers up, do you have a prompt that looks like
">>>" or do you get a menu?

Which version of Debian GNU/Linux are you trying to install?

Ron
P.S. I CC'd the list, you should receive two copies (test).
--
Email: <mailto:rbf@farrer.net>
Home:  <http://www.farrer.net/~rbf/>