Re: bfd assertion fail?

Hi,

On Sat, 24 Jun 2000, Kerstin Hoef-Emden wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:

> > These are source code files for binutils that it's referring to.  What
> > version of binutils do you have installed?
>
> Both, binutils and binutils-dev are version 2.9.5.0.37-1.

I searched at www.deja.com for the topic "bfd assertion fail". In some
cases (on i386 platform) it was told that it might have to do with
corrupted binutils, in others corrupted *.o files were mentioned or
defect hardware causing ld to segfault.

Since I have been fiddling around with the Compaq compiler and CPML
before, I was not sure, whether this might have disturbed some setup
files of the gcc system. I deinstalled gcc and binutils and reinstalled
them again. The error messages remain. Is it possible that somewhere
some wrong settings are still residing?

Kerstin

--

	kerstin.hoef-emden@uni-koeln.de