Re: Compaq compiler

Hi,

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, Andreas Crauser wrote:

> Please check if the file
> /usr/lib/compaq/ccc-version/alpha-linux/bin/config.comp

I renamed the original file and copied your file into the directory.
After getting an error message, that ld cannot be found or executed, I
realised, that ld in /usr/lib/compaq/ccc-6.29.002-2/alpha-linux/bin/ was
a link to a RedHat path. I changed the link to /usr/bin/ld. But whenever
the linker was started, it exited with segmentation fault, saying
something could not be asserted and mentioning "bfd" in the line.
Unfortunately I cannot completely recall the text. After installing
libffm1, the two fast math libs seem to have intermingled with each
other and the error message changed. During unpacking of the deb ld gave
an error message about the header file of libcpml. Now compilation stops
with this error message:  /usr/lib/libcpml.so: file not recognised: File
truncated.

What can I do to recover the ccc setup? I deinstalled and reinstalled
cpml-ev5 several times with and without having libffm1 installed.

Regards,

Kerstin Hoef-Emden

--

	kerstin.hoef-emden@uni-koeln.de