Re: Compaq compiler

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000 Kerstin Hoef-Emden wrote:
> Hi,
> today I gave it a try and downloaded the Compaq c compiler and the
> accompanying libs.

> I tried a little compile with a molecular phylogeny program (fastDNAml),
> but the compilation stopped.
> cc: Severe:
> /usr/lib/compaq/ccc-,
> line
> 23: Cannot find file <stddef.h> specified in #include directive.
> (noinclfilef)
> #include_next <stddef.h>
> I had a look in the include directory and found stddef.h there.

I had the same problems after using alien, one solution is to edit the files you mention.
As far as I remember, there are 3 or 4 such header files missing.

I edited the file
so that the first line now is:
#include </usr/lib/gcc-lib/alpha-linux/2.95.2/include/stddef.h>

I do not remember the original version of this file.
You have to do this with every missing header file (3-4).

In addition I changed
to include:

After these changes the ccc compiler worked fine.

Daniel Faller
Fakultaet fuer Physik
Abt. Honerkamp
Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet Freiburg