Re: ld problem

On Wed, 10 May 2000, Constantine Vetoshev wrote:

> I'm fairly sure that gcc is not calling the Compaq linker. The errors
> are reported as coming from collect2.
>
> You're right in terms of the link being the problem. I just tried the
> following:
>
> leopard:~% gcc -g -Wall -c ctest.c
> leopard:~% /usr/bin/ld -m elf64alpha -O1 -dynamic-linker /lib/ld-linux.so.2 -o ctest /usr/lib/crt1.o /usr/lib/crti.o /usr/lib/gcc-lib/alpha-linux/2.95.2/crtbegin.o -L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/alpha-linux/2.95.2 ctest.o -lgcc -lc -lgcc /usr/lib/gcc-lib/alpha-linux/2.95.2/crtend.o /usr/lib/crtn.o
> leopard:~% ./ctest
> Hello, World!
> arguments: ./ctest
>
> Works like a charm. So, is this my machine screwing up, or is this a
> problem with the .debs?

It's probably compaq's problem.  I tried to coach them on the deb
creation, but they probably missed something.  I did the Fortran kit for
them (that's why the cfal packages work great).  I've got a contact that
I'm working with now, so maybe I'll talk them into letting me either
continue the work or work something out with the distribution of the debs
that I create (right now, I have to send them back to compaq because the
license prohibits redistribution).