ldso fixed? (was Re: http://www.debian.org/Bugs/db/63/63485.html)

On Fri, 5 May 2000, David Huggins-Daines wrote:

> "J.A. Bezemer" <costar@panic.et.tudelft.nl> writes:
>
> > How long will it take to get these things fixed? ("large parts" usually need
> > "much time".) This test cycle will only take about 2/3 weeks(??) so you might
> > not even have things ready by the end of the cycle.
>
> It's already fixed.  The reason large parts of the system were broken
> is just because the ld.so cache was broken, and therefore the only
> shared libraries that could be loaded were ones in /lib or /usr/lib
> (unless RPATH was used, which is against policy...)

How are things regarding this? Has the new ldso.deb already been installed?
Was it used in boot-floppies 2.2.13 that was just installed?
Or to put it another way: is alpha ready for the first test cycle, or are we
still waiting for something (what?)?

(Oh, we're indeed still waiting for static apt & dpkg to go in upgrade-alpha.
See my earlier message to the list.)

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer