Re: Alpha (Multia) - NFS server

marcus@quintic.co.uk said:

(other problems answered elsewhere)

> After checking around on the kernel lists/NFS howtos etc it seems
> that the way forward might be to try the kernel nfs daemon, knfsd
> instead of the nfs-server package. I was wondering if anyone has
> had much success with this on an Alpha and whether its up to
> running on a production machine? Any other ideas would be
> appreciated..

I've been running knfs on my slink box for ages:

Package: knfs
Installed-Size: 177
Maintainer: Anders Hammarquist <iko@debian.org>
Version: 1.4.7-0slink2

This is with kernel 2.2.14. Works like a charm, though I haven't tried it
under high load.

--
Martin Lucina http://www.kotelna.sk/mato/ Wellington, New Zealand
I've always been mad I know I've been mad like the most of us are