Re: UP1000 HW Nightmare!

"Brimhall, Geoffrey" <Geoffrey_Brimhall@NAI.com> writes:

> Sounds like your system is set up to use the SRM bootup. Problem is the only

Not likely on a UP1000, as I don't believe API has started shipping
them with SRM yet.  (If they have, I'd like to know, as it will
require us to update our boot-floppies documentation a bit :-)

However, checking the serial port might be a good idea anyway, because
AlphaBIOS can also use the serial port (It could be that your video
card is not getting initialized properly, though I was pretty sure the
G400 was supported by the BIOS emulation in recent AlphaBIOS versions)

API should have support people that can help you...

--
David Huggins-Daines, Senior GNU/Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
613.562.1239 desk, 613.223.0225 mobile