Re: We have a problem...need some help on this one...

> It was conjecture.  BTW, how are you all handling the ldconfig issue for
> Alpha?  Ever notice that ldconfig is just plain broken?

I'm currently using RH 6.x, about to switch to Debian. On RH, ldconfig
seems to work as expected.

I'm not an expert on this, but when I run ldconfig for updateing after
installing new libraries, it works. At least the programs that requires
those libraries works just fine afterwards (they didn't before the run).

It also seems to work just fine when I see it invoked from different
install scripts.

- Idar Tollefsen