Re: UDB freezing

ccurtis@aet-usa.com said:

> I have a UDB running slink (frozen) that I would like to install as a
> masq box.  I currently have another UDB performing this same function
> running redhat, but I would like to move the services from it onto other
> machines.  The second box is setup for testing, but it hangs often (at
> least once a week, at most, within a couple hours) with errors in the
> NCR SCSI driver.  I'm running kernel 2.2.14 with the NCR810 driver.

<snip>

All I can suggest is reading the excellent Multia/UDB FAQ at

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/alpha/ (don't remember exact URL)

which discusses in depth issues related to Multias freezing. They are known
to be extremely unreliable machines, I myself have two that seem to be dead
for some reason or other.

--
Martin Lucina http://www.kotelna.sk/mato/ Wellington, New Zealand
I've always been mad I know I've been mad like the most of us are