upgrade troubles with nis

Greetings,

I have done two slink->potato upgrades.  For the most part the went
fairly smooth (aside from the unalignment problem).  The server that
is set up as a shell box has had no problems with nis.  However on the
machine I use for more administrative purposes (bind, dhcp, samba,
etc.) I cannot get nis to work.

Here is the message I get in /var/log/daemon.log

ayes ypbind[31584]: (unable to register YPBINDPROG YPBINDVERS, udp)
ayes icmplogd: destination unreachable from localhost [127.0.0.1]

Any help would be appreciated.  I also have some time on my hands if
there is any packages that need to be compiled or whatever

--
Thanks,
George

dowdingg@math.uaa.alaska.edu