Unidentified subject!

Hello,

we had some problems here when we tried to install potato on a Compaq
ALPHAserver 1200. When we rebooted the system after installation and booted
the kernel, Linux had a kernel panic. We couldn't see what is was because the
screen was cleared immediatly by the SRM.

When we booted a SuSE Alpha 6.1 System which was (and is still) installed on
that system, mounted the Debian root filesystem and tried to chroot to it. We
found out that the binaries weren't executable. Does anyone know this problem?

We have to solve this problem soon, because it's going on Wednesday to CeBIT.

Thanks,
Roland