Re: what set of bootfloppys for alphaserver 1200?

> I come up at the srm console. The documentation does not mention this
> happening; I can issue a boot command, of couse, but I need a file name for
> that. What filename should I give? There appears non in the documentation.

I found http://lhpca.univ-lyon1.fr/axp/README
and there the section  on the srm console and aboot.
it says:

You will get an "aboot>" prompt, type:
 aboot><boot-path>/linux root=/dev/<root-device> load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=1"

I tryed that but what do they mean with <boot-path> ?

If I enter
linux root=/dev/fd0  [...]
it tells me
...blah...
aboot: loading plain linux...
Cannot access data beyond an ofset of 1474559
Offsetrequest was -2035709375 (or something like that)
ext2_bread: read error
aboot: read returned -1 instead of 8 bytes
aboot: loading compressed linux...

unzip: attempt to read past eof

What to do?