Slow memory leak...

Hello;

I've been noticing a slow memory leak. I am unsure what is specifically
doing what, but I'll keep an eye on it and post a report. It has to be
in X11 and and one of the gnome apps.

Basically if I stay logged in via X for more then about 5 days the
system has no available free memory or swap. It swaps constantly and
will not repond via the console or ethernet. I can however ping it.

After one full day of usage I see the swap go up to ~30% usage (out of
256MB of swap).

If I logout it will free some of the memory but not all. If I give X the
3 finger salute (ctrl alt backspace) all of the memory gets freed.

The fact that if I logout some of the memory is freed, I believe part of
the leak is gnome-panel or gnome-terminal (majority of the apps I run).

System:
AS200 4/233
64MB RAM
2.2.14
latest potato as of 2000-02-13.

I'm open to suggestions or ideas... It isn't a really a problem for me,
mostly an annoyance. I just want to make sure this isn't a problem for
the release?!?

TIA,

Ron
--