dec multia

Can anyone help me with this problem?

I have a DEC Multia - 166 with NO floppy but a 4.1 GB scsi hdd

I have tried to netboot it ... using the debian instructions and many other instructions .. in every case I get a message in the bootp server message log that the client is being ignored (bootpd starts .. but the system asking for packets is ignored)

I have also tried to put the root image on the scsi hard drive with the kernel ... the drive fdisked and formatted in the following two configurations

p1 - 128 MB - linux swap
p2 - 1 GB - ext2
p3 - 2.5 GB - ext2
p4 - 800 MB - ext2

p1 - 1GB  - ext2
p2 - 2.5 GB - ext2
p3 - 800 MB - ext2
p4 - 128 MB - linux swap

in both configurations I get the message (SRM) that the first block is invalid

Help?

LinuxWolfe
dmusser@donet.com