Re: Potato and AS200 4/166 (avanti)

Frederic.Ferrere@emi.u-bordeaux.fr said:

> i've just installed potato on a AS200 4/166 (avanti)
> and every 1 minutes this messages appears:
> amd(168): unaligned trap at ...

This is a "normal" error, there's not much you can do about it that doesn't
involve low-level debugging.

> Moreover, when i compile a new kernel (2.2.14) (make-kpkg ...etc...)
> MILO (2.0.35) found the kernel but the system hangs.

Make sure you have

a) framebuffer and TGA support in the kernel

b) "Use SRM as bootloader" turned _OFF_ (sice I gather you're using MILO)

--
Martin Lucina http://www.kotelna.sk/mato/ Wellington, New Zealand
I've always been mad I know I've been mad like the most of us are