Re: Volunteer for compiling pkg for Alpha

On Wed 09 Feb 2000, Jose Rodriguez wrote:

>     I have an Alpha LX164, and would like to help in the pkgs.
> compilation. If there's any pkg. over there
> which needs recompilation, I could do it.

Great, we need all the help we can get :-)

Just to be sure: you are a debian developer? If not, it makes it harder
to get your efforts into the archive.

Anyway, there are a large number of packages that need recompiling for
potato (frozen).  I generate a daily list; see
http://master.debian.org/~paul/alpha/diff/ for details (there's also a
mailing list).

Note that if you compile something for potato, try to be up to date with
all the potato libs etc. Also you will need to edit the packages's
changelog most of the time to add "frozen" to the "unstable" (else it
doesn't end up in potato, only in woody, and we have a build daemon for
that).

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.demon.nl http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/