Re: kernel-image-2.2.13-eb164 milo problems

On Mon, Feb 07, 2000 at 12:14:15PM -0800, Brimhall, Geoffrey wrote:
> I was wanting to install the freeze version of debian-alpha on a eb164 box
> that was lying around at work.
>
> Problem was I couldn't find any install disks, except at
> <http://koenig.isr.uni-stuttgart.de/debian>  via the Feb 2000 posted email
> in the debian-alpha archives.
> Tried these, but when milo loaded it instantly caused my screen to have very
> colorful, random console output (lots of reds and oranges, but no useful
> text or anything).

hey a tester with some feedback finally, great ;-)

> So I installed the slink version for eb164, did an apt-upgrade to the
> freeze, and installed the kernal-image-2.2.13-eb164 kernal.

baseline: the slink milo works for you the potato milo doesn't, right ?
slink MILO version is (not sure) 2.0.35-c5.1
potato MILO version is 991007.

> Problem is that when booting from slinks 2.0.36 milo, a lot of the 2.2.13
> modules don't like to be loaded.
> Tried switching to the 2.2.13 milo I started with, but the console output
> problem was still around. It looks like this is the only part messed up,
> because the rate of new console garbage being shown matched pretty well the
> rate at which bootup messages are shown, so I think it is loading the 2.2.13
> kernel OK (I could CTRL-ALT-DELETE ok to exit).

Let's see if Nikita (CCed, MILO 2.0.x maintainer) can shed some light on this.

> Is there a place I could get a different milo for the 2.2.13 kernel built
> for eb164 ? Or are there some different boot disks I could download and try
> (and extract the appropriate milo for) ?

We'll upload newer bootfloppies for Alpha this week but this MILO problem
with eb164 is an upstream problem we don't have a fix for right now.

Greetings,

				Christian
--
Christian Meder, email: meder@isr.uni-stuttgart.de