Linux port - DEC3000

I have a DEC 3000 (300 XL I think) alpha workstation I picked up from an
obsolete equipment sale at my school, and as yet I have been unable to
find any sort of port to it for anything but NetBSD. NetBSD has no display
and can not read the keyboard, and thus can only be used as a file server
on the machines.

I did come across a linux port some time back in the works at
http://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~armhold/linux/alpha-3000.html
but it hasn't had any updates since August of last year, and at last word
was hanging on a problem with time_init. (Something to do with the DEC3000
having a different clock chip from newer alphas, according to a friend.)

Does anyone know if there is any other linux port that I am not aware of
for this machine? I have no access to any other alphas and have poor (but
growing) programming skills so any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

---
David Graham
canada@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca, canada@ishmael.geecs.org, dgraham@uoguelph.ca
GEECS.org administrator, CSClub.cis.uoguelph.ca administrator, frosh, BComp
This .signature is dynamically rebuilt 1440 times a day.
Incumbent, n.:
	Person of liveliest interest to the outcumbents.