Re: potato updated today-> bad things!

NOw I am have a problem milo 2.0.35-c5.6.  When I 'ls sda2:' I get
something like:

///
///
///

.
.
.

///

But I can do a boot fd0:vmlinuz root=/dev/sda2 and the system boots just
fine. I tried another hard drive (I am working on a cluster so I have a
few around) and milo can ls it.

The drive I cannot ls (BTW none of the linux (82) partitons ls, MSDOS
works) was reconstructed from a tape backup.  This was done by mke2fs'n
the partitons, mounting them, and restoring from tape (via tar).

Thanks for the help,

Lon