Re: potato updated today-> bad things!

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Lonnie Sauter wrote:

> I updated an existing potato dist today.  After which I could not even
> boot!  It seems to be a lib problem.  Even with a rescue disk I could not
> do much.
>
> On boot up the error was: error loading libgpm.so.? (?=2 I think).  Then
> it would go to login, but would not let anyone login giving the error
> unable to open /dev/tty1 (or 2, 3,4, etc).
>
> I am restoring from a tape now.

Anyone else have this error?  I can't reproduce it (not saying it didn't
happen, though).  I recompiled libgpm last night to correct the ncurses
problems I was having.

Let me know and I can provide a new package to try if needed.  Also, I
would be interested to see what happens with a non-apt installed package
(by hand).