Re: many unaligned trap

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000 tad@omoikane.co.jp wrote:

> Hum, I am looking into gcc.
> I will report if found something.

We know why it's happening, but just not what's at fault yet.  So far, it
appears that gcc is just generating unaligned things under very specific
conditions.  But then again, I thought the same thing in the past when it
turned out to be the code, so that avenue is being explored as well.  :-)

> Well, I also wonder how I send a bug report which is architecture
> specific. Is this place(debian-alpha) is right for that?

It's a good start.  Usually the BTS is a great spot also.  If the regular
maintainers have an alpha problem that they can't solve, they usually
write to us.

> For example, neither current ldso(1.9.11-5.0.1) nor libc6.1(2.1.2-11)
> has /usr/bin/ldd. (I could not find another alpha package which has
> ldd.)
> Should this kind of problem be reported here?

In this case, yes, since I know about it :-)  The binaries that used to be
in libc6.1's deb have been moved per policy to libc6.1-bin.  I know, there
should be a dependency.  Joel (the maintainer of glibc for Debian) has
already stated that he's going to fix this in his next upload.