Re: [potato] rdate, elm, php3

> > rdate seems not to work with other than alpha linux systems:
> > > rdate alpha
> > Wed Nov 24 19:37:38 1999
> > > rdate intel
> > rdate: Could not read data: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
>
> Hmmm...can I get a translation on the German?  My languages are a bit
> rusty these days (don't leave the States much anymore).  I think I know
> what the problem is with it, but I want to confirm it with the message...

:-)
> rdate FromAlphaToIntel
rdate: Could not read data: No such file or directory

I'm using:
> dpkg -l | grep rdate
ii  rdate           1.3-1          Set the system's date from a remote host.

Monday, I'll take the source of rdate home and take a closer look at it.

> > Is somebody using php3 on his alpha as module for the apache? If I use fopen or
> > readfile with an url (not a local file) the apache crashes. Same php-file on
> > an intel runs :(.
>
> I was using the php3 modules (quite a few of them) right up until the
> other day, when I converted to php4's beta.  I used the deb packages and
> they worked fine.  Any log entries associated with the crash?

Sorry, apache didn't crash (I'm not able to read logfiles...), but php
returns:
Warning: Invalid URL specified, http://mw.wh.uni-dortmund.de/~michael/wml2html/wap in /home/michael/public_html/wml2html/wml2html.php3 on line 43
for fopen($url, "r"); and
Warning: unable to parse url (http://mw.wh.uni-dortmund.de/~michael/wml2html/wap) in /home/michael/public_html/wml2html/wml2html.php3 on line 44
for parse_url($url)

I saw php4 somewhere as debian package. Maybe I shoud test it before looking
in the source of php3 :)

Bye, Michael

--
Michael Schlueter,Zimmer 422,Meitnerweg 4,44227 Dortmund,0231-7275286
Mails: michael@duck.prima.de/schlue@debian.org