Re: [potato] rdate, elm, php3

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Michael Schlueter wrote:

> may small noname Alpha is running stable with Debian but I've three small
> problems:
>
> rdate seems not to work with other than alpha linux systems:
> > rdate alpha
> Wed Nov 24 19:37:38 1999
> > rdate intel
> rdate: Could not read data: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

Hmmm...can I get a translation on the German?  My languages are a bit
rusty these days (don't leave the States much anymore).  I think I know
what the problem is with it, but I want to confirm it with the message...

> elm-me+.postinst did a suidregister or chown on a user I don't know :)

Needs recompiling.  Damned fakeroot.

> Is somebody using php3 on his alpha as module for the apache? If I use fopen or
> readfile with an url (not a local file) the apache crashes. Same php-file on
> an intel runs :(.

I was using the php3 modules (quite a few of them) right up until the
other day, when I converted to php4's beta.  I used the deb packages and
they worked fine.  Any log entries associated with the crash?