Re: x11amp/ esd crashes me hard

On Mon, Jun 21, 1999 at 08:00:23PM -0400, norvierk@muohio.edu wrote:

>    I've been trying unsuccessfully to get x11amp/ xmms working on alpha-linux
> since the source was released but I recently got it working from the potato
> (debian unstable) deb.  It only works with esd running, and it seems to run
> normally for a few minutes, but then my machine freezes.  It's probably the
> shaky es1371 driver, but I've tried my soundcard in two 164sx's with the same
> result.  Is anyone else running x11amp/ xmms on their alphas?

I have had the exact same problem with x11amp. I will look at it carefully
sometime in the future with GDB and DDD when I have time... I thought at
first that the problem might be the x11amp is not 64-bit kosher, but that
does not make much sense, since the crashes are not regular and do not happen
as a result of certain specific actions (the application might very well
be idling and still crash).

The problem is definitely _not_ the ES137x driver, since the same thing
happened with a CS4236-based card.

Regards,
Constantine Vetoshev