Emacs built...

Hi all...

Well, after repeated failures compiling emacs20 with any egcs 1.1.x
release, I finally installed a stripped-down egcs 1.0.3a and compiled the
latest emacs20 for everyone.

This is a major problem, IMO, especially since the egcs team has taken
over maintainership of "gcc" officially.  After all, GNU tools are
supposed to build other GNU software and this is definitely a notable
exception.

I don't think we'll be able to narrow this down, to make it worse.  I'm
tempted to just submit a bug report up to the egcs gang saying "it doesn't
build" and let them figure out.  If someone wanted to look more into this,
though, I'll hold off on the e-mail.

Let me know one way or another (opinions are welcome)...