Re: Another UDB/Multia installation question

On Fri, Jun 11, 1999 at 09:11:41PM -0700, manning@uclink4.berkeley.edu wrote:
> Ok, i'm trying to install slink, and i'm booting from ARC ok, off the
> floppy, and i get to the milo prompt. After some haggling, i got it to
> do something. here's the boot thingey...
>
> MILO> boot fd0:/linux "root=/dev/fd0"
>
> it's all ok, until it loads the root thing. Right after, it does a
> kernel panic because it can't mount /dev/console. Any idea what this is?
> or what i'm doing wrong?

emperor:~# ls -l /dev/console
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root            4 Oct 25  2018 /dev/console -> tty0

                                                  ^^^^ ;-)

Console is a symlink to tty0. I bet yours is not present. Take a bootfloppy
and see if it's in your /dev tree. Otherwise link it and try again.

This makes me wonder.... Is this symlink part of the install of base disks,
and is it currently present... (mmm, I don't know).

HTH,

B.

--
B. Warmerdam                                              GNU/Debian Linux
bartw@xs4all.nl, bartw@debian.org (Keyid: 10A0FDD1)       ----------------