Re: xlib6g static Alpha builds symbol-less

Branden Robinson wrote:
> I do not have access to an unstable Alpha box so I cannot build the latest
> XFree86 for it.  Hopefully one of the Alpha folks will be able to address
> this issue for you.
>
> Hopefully xfree86-1 can be added to the Alpha auto-build list (I guess they
> use buildd).  If there are problems with compiling XFree86 on the Alpha I'd
> like to hear about them (unless they are source dependency issues, see
> debian/README.source-depends in the source package).

Well, I've only got a 266 MHz UDB for Alpha builds, and while it is
a fine shell machine, building X is not a happy experience.  I really
want to link my programs today, so I started an XFree86 build from the
Debian source archives.  It's just now ALMOST ready to finish off its
first big target (libX11).  Luckily, that's the one I need.  I think
this will tide me over until the rest of the set is updated.  It's been
2 hours building to get this far.  :)

--
Shaw Terwilliger