Install 2.1 problems on Sable 2100 4/275

Hi,
	First time with Debian or Alpha hardware. I have been 3
days trying to get either 2.1 CDs (from CheapBytes) or downloaded
floppies to boot. I am trying floppies because I cannot seem to
find the Linux device name for my CD (dka600) so it will allow
mounting the root device. As far as floppies, the furthest I have
gotten is boot Linux where it asks to load the floppy to load into
ram. When I do this, it reports the following:

RAMDISK Couldn't find ramdisk image start at 0

If I try a subsquent disk, it spits out a bunch
of info about it finding an MS FAT format with
a ton of data format paremeters and owner, group,
etc. Then the kernel panics as it is unable to
mount root fs on 02:00. The floppies were created
(3 times) from the following URL:

http://lhpca.univ-lyon1.fr/axp/debian.html

This was a link off Debian's site:

http://www.debian.org/releases/2.1/alpha/ch-preparing.en.html#s-needed-info

Any help greatly appreciated.

- Kyle
kylet@shore.net   http://www.shore.net/~kylet
UNIX Sys Admin        "Grandpa, what was NT?"