Re: EM86 on Alpha

On Tue, Dec 07, 1999 at 10:51:31AM -0600, Kumsup Lee wrote:
> em86: error in loading shared libraries: em86: undefined symbol: __getdents
>
> Any idea ?

Yes, I noticed this too, and went as far as trying to fix em86.

That way lies madness.

Basically the problem is that em86 (since it has to emulate i386 system
calls) is a bit too intimate with the inner workings of the C library, and
therefore broke due to various changes in the guts of glibc (the stuff that
mere mortals aren't supposed to mess with).

Someone with more intestinal fortitude than me needs to update it.

--
< james>  overfiend: I am not an autobuilder, I am a human being