licq broken?

i just installed slink on my 164SX, then updated to potato last night.
licq is giving me some strange errors.  it either segfaults when i go to
change my status, or:

X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
  Major opcode:  134
Aborted

when it sits there doing nothing, as the active window.  anybody know
what's up with this one?  i assume this is either a problem with X or with
WindowMaker.

i also put gnomeicu on here, but it has issues, as well, when i try
changing my status:

Gdk-ERROR **: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)

any help getting these to work would be appreciated.

TIA

--
dave wiard
dave@acm.wwu.edu